Soft Italian Breadsticks
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the water, butter, salt, flour, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Cut each portion into 12 pieces; roll each into a 4-in. to 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 73 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 17, 2018
I've only made it once so far, but they turned out so yummy and were easy to make! This will now be my go to recipe for breadsticks. They even freeze well. Just pop in the fridge a day or two ahead to thaw.
Oct 30, 2016
Great breadsticks recipe! I love using my bread machine's dough cycle to make baking bread easier. I've had this only issue of Quick Cooking for years and I can't believe I just got around to finally trying this recipe!
Jun 27, 2016
These were very flavorful and soft! I made these for my family and there were no leftovers! There is not a lot of garlic flavor, so next time I will add some garlic to the topping. I do not have a bread machine, so I made them without one.
Jul 17, 2014
Very good and soft! If you like garlic, try increasing the garlic powder in the dough or add some with the Parmesan cheese.
Jan 11, 2014
These were excellent! My family loved them!
Dec 3, 2013
Thanks for this recipe, I used the dough to make a Stromboli. I had to substitute minced garlic since I didn't have any powdered but it worked out fine
Apr 28, 2013
This is the only breadstick recipe I've made that turned out and that I actually liked! And believe me I've tried a lot! These are so delicious. I don't have a bread machine I just kneaded the dough for a few minutes. Definitely worth a try.
Nov 25, 2012
I combined this recipe with one I found in a Healthy Cooking Taste of Home magazine, Prosciutto Breadsticks. I rolled prosciutto into the breadsticks. Amazing!!!
Jan 9, 2012
These are the best homemade breadsteaks I've ever had! My family can't get enough of them. And since they start in the bread machine they are super easy!
Mar 30, 2011
I substituted canola oil in place of the butter when I made the dough. They were so light and delicious. I will be making them again next week!!