Italian Herb and Cheese Breadsticks
Thanks to convenient frozen dough, these delectable breadsticks are oven-ready in 20 minutes. The cheesy bites are so good dipped in warm marinara sauce. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. In a small bowl, mix butter, Italian seasoning and garlic; spread over dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over butter mixture. Fold dough in thirds over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut crosswise into twenty-four 1/2-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with marinara sauce.
Originally published as Italian Herb and Cheese Breadsticks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.