Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut each slice of prosciutto into 4 thin strips. Unroll dough; separate into breadsticks. Top each with 2 strips prosciutto, pressing gently to adhere. Twist each breadstick; place on ungreased baking sheet, pressing ends down firmly. Brush with beaten egg.
- Combine fennel and pepper; sprinkle over breadsticks. Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
1 breadstick: 86 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.