Easy Italian Breadsticks
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips. Place butter in a shallow bowl. Dip each strip into butter; twist two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheese and garlic salt. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 65 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 26, 2015
These were quick to make up and my kids liked them. We enjoyed them as is, but if I make them again, I would omit the sugar and add more spices such as oregano and garlic powder to the dough.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.