Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Unroll breadsticks into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; pinch seams to seal. Bake at 350° until set, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender; drain.
- Brush crust with remaining oil. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; top with vegetable mixture and Canadian bacon. Combine mozzarella cheese and remaining cheddar cheese; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce.
Freeze option: Bake crust as directed, add toppings and cool. Securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without marinara sauce): 267 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Jul 27, 2015
The breadsticks make a great crust to this pizza! We used pizza sauce for dipping, which was also good. There were too many green peppers for us, but that's easily fixed. I plan on making this again and varying the toppings.
Mar 21, 2012
This recipe was fantastic and the method worked perfectly! I used partially cooked/drained bacon in place of Canadian bacon, on top of the pizza. The breadstick dough makes a delicious crust. This one is a keeper!