Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Unroll breadsticks into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; pinch seams to seal. Bake at 350° until set, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender; drain.
- Brush crust with remaining oil. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; top with vegetable mixture and Canadian bacon. Combine mozzarella cheese and remaining cheddar cheese; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce. Freeze option: Bake crust as directed, add toppings and cool. Securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without marinara sauce): 267 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2015
The breadsticks make a great crust to this pizza! We used pizza sauce for dipping, which was also good. There were too many green peppers for us, but that's easily fixed. I plan on making this again and varying the toppings.
Mar 21, 2012
This recipe was fantastic and the method worked perfectly! I used partially cooked/drained bacon in place of Canadian bacon, on top of the pizza. The breadstick dough makes a delicious crust. This one is a keeper!