Italian Seasoned Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2017
Added more seasoning and baked in oven. Very soft and tasty...with more seasoning.
Oct 9, 2011
Very nice texture. Didn't 'taste' the seasoning mix much, but we ate it still warm. Maybe by tomorrow it will 'ripen'. If not, perhaps will add Italian Seasoning. Will definately make it again.