Tender Garlic Cheese Breadsticks
Garlic breadsticks complement so many dishes. These tender ones pair well with Italian dishes, salads and soups. —Ann Volner, Maryville, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and milk. Add the sugar, butter, salt, baking soda and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 32 pieces. Shape each into a 4-1/2-in. rope.
- Place melted butter in a shallow bowl. Place cheese in a separate shallow bowl. Dip ropes in butter, then coat with cheese. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Combine Italian seasoning and garlic powder; sprinkle over breadsticks. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 breadstick: 117 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.