Cheese-Filled Garlic Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 24 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 inch each, about 10 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Divide dough into 24 portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube to cover completely; pinch to seal. Place each roll in a greased muffin cup, seam side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Brush over rolls; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 103 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 11, 2016
Not the average "bread" with your meal - super delicious! This recipe is very easy to make and makes a nice appetizer for any gathering.
May 31, 2016
Big hit around our dinner table. Only downside was prep time and needing to plan in advance.
Nov 6, 2015
These rolls are amazing. I always get compliments on them every time I make them. Tonight I will be making them for guests. I will double the recipe and only put cheese in half of them for those who don't want the cheese.
Jan 28, 2015
Delicious! Pretty easy recipe, baked rolls made for a beautiful presentation. I followed recipe exactly, except for the fresh parsley.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.