Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon bouillon; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Combine butter with remaining garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Bake 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 5, 2015
Great biscuits! I did not have any chicken bouillon so used approx. 1Tblsp of Italian seasoning instead. Hubby said these were a make again!
Jan 31, 2014
We love having a special biscuit or bread to go with soup! These are perfect, and easy! I normally have all the ingredients on hand and can whip them up in a few minutes! I do like to use a little garlic salt in the melted butter for the top.
Apr 13, 2013
These were good and similar to Red Lobster's. Normally, I would've just used Bisquick, milk, and cheese and made the biscuits, but I was out of Bisquick. So, I gave these a try. A little more work, but I personally liked these better than the Bisquick kind.
Apr 3, 2013
These were OK but I like the ones made with biscuit better and they are easier to do as well.
Jan 14, 2013
These were the best I have made, I only used 1tsp of garlic, and just butter at the end and they were great...
Aug 16, 2010
Reminds me of the biscuits at Red Lobster...thanks so much for the recipe!
Jul 10, 2009
These were delicious! Very easy to make. Next time I will cut out 1/2 t of the garlic powder. It was a bit much. I also added some parsley to melted butter when I brushed the biscuits. Very good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.