Vegetable & Cheese Focaccia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down. Roll into a 13x9-in. rectangle; transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with basil. Layer with the tomatoes, onion and broccoli; sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 151 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2018
So I'll start with....I am kind of a bread addict (and a TOH addict!). I made this recipe per the instructions the first time, it was great. Some of my family is not so keen on the veggies suggested so I made it again but tweaked it to be a new family favorite. Instead of the veggies listed, I shredded pepperoni, eliminated the salt and pepper on top and that was the extent of my toppings. I added mozzarella with 10 minutes baking left and viola, the best bread we have ever had! I have made 3 pans since Easter, yikes! I used and 11x13 pan and it spread it out nicer than a 9x13. I love to make homemade pizza, this has replaced that for us, we don't even mind the absence of the sauce! Winner for sure!
Jan 14, 2010
this is delicious and healthy and even my super picky five year old daughter will eat it.