Garlic Onion Focaccia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto floured surface. Roll into 12-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make indentations in dough at 1-in. intervals. Top with onion mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 186 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Apr 21, 2017
So yummy! I used Vidalia onions, which made it a touch sweeter. Definitely will do again.
Mar 15, 2015
I love this recipe. I don't change anything. I could eat it everyday. I took it to a party and people loved it.One thing, I don't have a bread machine. I use my kitchen aid and it turns out great.
May 13, 2013
This is one of our all-time favorite bread machine recipes! Always a hit!