Cheddar Pan Rolls
Cheddar cheese gives these rich rolls golden color and fabulous flavor. —Esther Current, Kichener, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes (dough will be soft).
- Punch dough down; divided into three portions. Shape each portion into 12 balls. Place in three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with egg white. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Pan Rolls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.