Garlic Cheese Grits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- Additional cheese, optional
- Cook grits according to package directions. Add cheese, butter and garlic salt; stir until cheese and butter are melted. In a measuring cup, beat egg; add milk to measure 1/2 cup. Stir into grits.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 325 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 4, 2017
These grits are soooo cheesy good! We love them!!
Jul 10, 2014
These were great, but I did use seasoned salt in place of the garlic salt because its what I had on hand. I also threw in some sliced green onions & diced roasted red peppers for color.