Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Italian seasoning or grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a food processor, combine the sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, yeast and 2 cups flour. Cover and process for 5-10 seconds. While processing, gradually add warm water and oil in a steady stream. Process for 1 minute or until smooth and elastic. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Cut into 12 strips. Fold each strip in half lengthwise; twist each strip several times. Pinch ends to seal. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, paprika and remaining salt. Brush some over dough. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning or Parmesan cheese if desired. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining butter mixture.
1 bread twist: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.