Sesame Cheese Crackers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 to 7-1/2 teaspoons ice water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, salt and cayenne; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and sesame seeds. Combine 3 teaspoons water and soy sauce; stir into dry ingredients with a fork. Stir in enough remaining water until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14x11-in. rectangle. Cut into 2x1-in. strips. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cracker: 23 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 20, 2012
These are delicious and easy to make. I challenge you to eat just 2 or 3. They are addictive! I found 11 - 12 min. baking time was enough. I used 1/8 tsp. of cayenne which is just enough kick for me. Thank you for this recipe.