Homemade Crisp Crackers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cheese. Gradually add water and vinegar, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Divide into six portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges and place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 103 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 10, 2012
These crackers were easy to make and very tasty. I had to bake them a little longer to get them crispy, but I think it's because I didn't roll them out thin enough. I will make this recipe again.