Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) oyster crackers
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Place the crackers in a large roasting pan; drizzle with oil. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over crackers and toss to coat.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 161 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 3, 2017
Very simple and quick. a good way to use up leftover oyster crackers. Very mild flavor but a lot better than plain. I made 1/3 the original recipe. I mixed the spices with the oil and tossed with the crackers and that worked out great. 15 minutes was enough in the oven.
Jun 29, 2013
I have used this recipe time and again!I made adjustments on the recipe to suit my tastes: This is what I did:I used 2 packages of soup crackers: (12.5 oz. each), 2 cups Cheddar cheese goldfishcrackers, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1/4 cup ground cumin as I'd used up my taco seasoning supply, & used 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning in place of the oregano. I had the chili powder, so I used that! I use a large roasting pan to prepare my snack mixes as it's deep and I don't have to be concernedabout the mix falling of the pan when a 15x10x1" pan would be used & when I stirthe mix! I've prepared this taco mix for our Chapel coffee breaks and everyone likes the flavor! Thank you for this recipe, DianeEarnest! delowenstein
May 20, 2009
This is a great munchie for the weekend nascar fans.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.