Sesame-Beef Pot Stickers
I enjoy having these little dumplings as a late-night snack while I'm watching television. They also work well as a quick appetizer for parties. —Carolyn Turner, Reno, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 24 pot sticker or gyoza wrappers
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons sesame or olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place 1 tablespoon beef mixture in center of each pot sticker wrapper. (Cover wrappers with a damp towel until ready to use.)
- Moisten wrapper edges with egg. Fold wrapper over filling; seal edges, pleating the front side several times to form a pleated pouch. Stand pot stickers on a work surface to flatten bottoms; curve slightly to form crescent shapes, if desired.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil over medium-high heat. Arrange half of the pot stickers in concentric circles in pan, flat side down; cook 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Carefully add 1/4 cup water (water may spatter); reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until water is almost absorbed and filling is cooked through.
- Cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are crisp and water is completely evaporated. Repeat with remaining pot stickers.
Editor's Note: Wonton wrappers may be substituted for pot sticker and gyoza wrappers. Stack two or three wonton wrappers on a work surface; cut into circles with a 3-1/2-in. biscuit or round cookie cutter. Fill and cook as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 pot sticker: 50 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Juicy Steak Potstickers in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.