Sesame Steamed Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, julienned and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the broccoli, carrot, celery, water chestnuts, water and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 68 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Nov 4, 2013
This is one of my go-to side dish recipes. Question: When do I add the butter? It is found in the ingredient list but the directions don't mention it. Anyone have any ideas?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.