Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Feb 24, 2016
This was a super quick and easy way to jazz up plain old steamed broccoli. Next time I'll leave out the olive oil as I think it would still be delicious without it!
Sep 18, 2014
I've made this numerous times over the past 5 years and it always turns out excellent. Nice flavor and easy to increase for more than 2.
May 24, 2014
This was a nice side dish for a family dinner.
Sep 23, 2011
This sauce is so good on top of broccoli!!
Sep 19, 2009
Best broccoli we've ever had!~ Theresa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.