Easy Sesame Broccoli
For a time-saving addition to supper, Myra Innes seasons broccoli spears with lemon, soy sauce and sesame seeds. It's a nice change from plain broccoli," she writes from Auburn, Kansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and remaining oil. Drain broccoli; toss with sesame seed mixture.