Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
Total TimePrep/Cook time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add sesame oil. When oil is hot, brown chicken in batches. Press cancel. Return all to pressure cooker. In a small bowl, whisk honey, soy sauce, water, garlic and pepper flakes; stir into pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and, if desired, green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 311 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1004mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
May 17, 2020
I wish this worked in my old slow cooker. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
May 11, 2020
This is going to be amazing! I love Sesame Chicken and I love my IP! Cant wait to make this again and again!
May 7, 2020
Excellent recipe with stuff I always have on hand. Served over rice and peas. Husband gave it 5 stars as well. I think from start to finish it was 35 or 40 minutes (I’m a slow cutter of chicken). This will be a keeper
May 6, 2020
Easy and tasty. We enjoyed this. I had 1 ¾lb. chicken so I added slightly more of everything for the sauce.
May 3, 2020
Sounds great and would love to try it but don't have an instapot. Any instructions for a slow cooker?
Apr 12, 2020
I would love to make this recipe but have a slow cooker, not an instant pot. Can it be modified and how if so? Thank you.
Mar 28, 2020
I can't wait to make I dont have a intstapot so I pray it turns out.