Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 medium onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 10 kaiser or onion rolls, split
- Place onions in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Mix brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place over onions.
- In a small bowl, mix broth, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, molasses, garlic and mustard; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a small bowl, toss coleslaw mix with lime juice. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with coleslaw.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 509 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1175mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Sep 24, 2016
The pork was delicious, if I make it again I would not mix back into cooking juices, I thought the meat taste better before mixing back into the juices. I would cook as directed, shred meat and onions then mix with barbecue sauce.
Jul 27, 2014
A lot of ingredients.... but was well worth it....will make again!
Jul 23, 2014
Have tried many recipes and this has gone to the top of my list to go to next time. Nice heat that wants you going back for more
Jul 22, 2014
This was delicious !!!!! Will make it again and again !!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.