BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Preparing pork roast in the slow cooker makes it so moist and tender...so it's perfect for these sandwiches. The meat shreds easily, and the cumin and garlic add just the right flavor. The sourdough bread, chipotle mayonnaise, cheese and tomato make it complete.—Tiffany Martinez, Aliso Viejo, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices sourdough bread
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat. Shred with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through.
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Combine chipotle pepper and mayonnaise; spread over toast. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each of eight slices of toast. Top with cheese, tomatoes and remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 640 calories, 34g fat (11g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2008