Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Meatballs
You'll usually find a batch of these meatballs in my freezer. The slightly sweet sauce nicely complements the spicy pork sausage. —Genie Brown, Roanoke, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 pounds bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and egg. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the sauce and stir gently to coat. Cover and keep warm on low until serving.