Asian Slow-Cooked Short Ribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 bone-in beef short ribs (about 4 pounds)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add short ribs; cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. Discard bay leaves. If desired, serve with rice.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 466 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1338mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 20, 2018
My family and myself really enjoyed this recipe. It was flavorful and the meat was tender. I followed the recipe as written, with the exception that I didn't thicken the sauce at the end. Still very good.