Easy Slow-Cooker Pot Roast
I love this easy pot roast Crock-Pot recipe for a couple of reasons. First, it's delicious. Second, it's easy! I can't describe the feeling of walking into my house after work and smelling this dish that's been simmering in the slow cooker all day. There's nothing better. —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 12 hours
- 1 boneless beef rump or chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 medium carrots, cut into thirds
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place carrots, potatoes and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place roast on top of vegetables; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Add broth. Cook, covered, on low until beef and vegetables are tender, 10-12 hours.
- Remove roast and vegetables from slow cooker; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast and vegetables.