Slow Cooker Jerked Short Ribs
Sweet and spicy jerk seasonings give these saucy ribs an unforgettable taste! They're great in the summer because they don't heat up the kitchen. —Susan Hein, Burlington, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 bone-in beef short ribs (about 5 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine first 10 ingredients, reserving 2 tablespoons. Rub remaining seasoning mixture over ribs. Place onion and broth in a 6-qt. slow cooker; cover with ribs. Cook, covered, on low until ribs are tender, 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine preserves, vinegar, garlic and reserved seasoning mixture. Serve with ribs.
Nutrition Facts1 short rib with 3 tablespoons sauce: 265 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Jerked Short Ribs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.