Pressure-Cooker Spiced Short Ribs
This is an ideal recipe for busy nights and your family wants a big dinner, but you are limited on time. The ribs are tender and the perfect amount of sweet and sour. You can use red wine instead of chicken stock. Instead of butter, add more olive oil or oil of your choice. —Shanon Tranchina, Massapequa Park, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, brown ribs in batches; set aside.
- Add butter to pressure cooker. When melted, cook and stir leek until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add stock to pressure cooker. Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spread over ribs. Return ribs to pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.