Pressure-Cooker Barbecued Beef Ribs
These tender, tangy ribs taste slow-cooked but are a cinch to make. They’re great for picnics as well as a family dinner.—Erin Glass, White Hall, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min. + releasing
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add oil. Brown ribs in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Remove ribs. Brown onions. Add ribs back to the pressure cooker. Add water. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove ribs from pressure cooker; discard cooking juices. Return ribs to pressure cooker. Pour sauce over top. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on low for 5 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure. Serve ribs with sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 359 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Barbecued Beef Ribs in Taste of Home Instant Pot Cookbook