Pressure Cooker Barbecued Beef Ribs
These tender slow-cooked ribs with a tangy sauce are a cinch to make. They?re great for picnics and parties.—Erin Glass, White Hall, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min. + releasing
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat; add oil. Brown ribs in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Remove ribs. Brown onions. Add ribs back to the pressure cooker. Add water. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 40 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove ribs from pressure cooker; discard cooking juices. Return ribs to pressure cooker. Pour sauce over top. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve ribs with sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 359 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Barbecued Beef Ribs in Taste of Home Instant Pot Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.