Pressure-Cooked Mesquite Ribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + broiling Cook: 35 min. + releasing
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size portions
- 2 tablespoons mesquite seasoning
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- Combine water, vinegar and soy sauce in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Rub ribs with mesquite seasoning; add to pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 35 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove ribs to a foil-lined baking sheet. Preheat broiler. Brush ribs with half the barbecue sauce. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until glazed. Brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 329 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 21, 2018
The only modification I made was using steak seasoning instead of mesquite. After 12 minutes of allowing the pressure to reduce naturally, I released the rest manually. The meat was so tender! I used my favorite mustard-based sauce and broiled for just a few minutes. Delicious! This recipe is going on my repeat list.
Feb 5, 2018
Super quick and easy to modify with items on hand. Didn't have Apple Cider Vinegar so used Distilled Vinegar, didn't have Mesquite rub so used Montreal rub. Meat fell off the bones. My children loved them and talked/bragged about them to friends asking how to use a pressure cooker. Have since purchased recipe items and will try again with right ingredients.