Pressure Cooker Memphis-Style Ribs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.+ releasing
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5 pounds)
- Combine vinegar and water; brush over ribs. Pour remaining vinegar mixture into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Mix together next 12 ingredients, reserving half. Sprinkle ribs with half of seasoning blend. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; transfer to pressure cooker.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 20 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove ribs; skim fat from cooking juices. Using a clean brush, brush ribs generously with skimmed cooking juices; sprinkle with reserved seasoning. Serve ribs with remaining juices.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 509 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1137mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Jul 3, 2018
Delicious recipe! I used my stove top pressure cooker. The vinegar water (I doubled the amount so it reached to the MIN line in my 8-qt. Cooker.) helped the rub adhere and it made a very tasty sauce. The rub was “just right” smoky thanks to the smoked paprika, and it had just the right amount of heat. I had some leftover rub, and I sprinkled it on chicken drumsticks before cooking them in the slow cooker. As I said, I used my stovetop cooker, brought it up to high pressure which took about 10 minutes, I cooked the ribs 20 minutes, did a natural release for 10 minutes, and finally a quick release after that.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.