Slow-Cooker Memphis-Style Ribs
After my dad and I had dinner at the legendary Rendezvous Restaurant, I was inspired to create a slow-cooked version of tasty dry-rub Memphis ribs. Smoked paprika in the rub mimics the flavor the ribs would get from grilling over hot coals. —Matthew Hass, Franklin, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine vinegar and water; brush over ribs. Pour remaining vinegar mixture into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Mix together remaining ingredients, reserving half. Sprinkle ribs with remaining seasoning blend. Cut into serving-size pieces; transfer to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until tender, 5-6 hours. Remove ribs; skim fat from cooking juices. Using a clean brush, brush ribs generously with skimmed cooking juices; sprinkle with reserved seasoning. Serve ribs with remaining juices.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 509 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1137mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Memphis-Style Ribs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017