Slow-Cooked Mesquite Ribs
When we're missing the grill during winter, these tangy ribs give us that same smoky barbecue taste we love. They're so simple, and fall-off-the-bone delicious, too! —Sue Evans, Marquette, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mesquite seasoning
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size portions
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, mix water, vinegar and soy sauce. Rub ribs with mesquite seasoning; place in slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until tender, 6-8 hours. Remove ribs to a platter. Brush with barbecue sauce; return to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until ribs are glazed, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 314 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Baby Back Ribs in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.