Slow-Cooked Country Ribs in Gravy
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour; reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 hours longer. Remove ribs to serving platter and keep warm. Thicken cooking liquid for gravy.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 280 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 876mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2015
I had some leftover homemade barbecue sauce to serve with the meat (from Jalepeno Ribs recipe on this site), so I didn't bother thickening the cooking liquid. If I had, I would have refrigerated it so I could skim off the grease. Also, I just put the ribs on low for 8 hours, didn't bother with high for an hour. I'll definitely make these again.UPDATE: I made these again this week, and thickened the "gravy." We found it to be really odd, so I changed my review to just 3 stars. The meat is very flavorful, I just would not use the juices to make a gravy.
Jun 4, 2014
Good crockpot meal. I mixed up my sauce the night before, so I could put them together quickly in the morning. I put mine on low and cooked all day, the gravy was good with rolls and mashed potatoes.
Mar 29, 2009
Very good recipe. Kids loved it.