Slow Cooker Peach BBQ Ribs
For eat-the-whole-rack ribs, start with a rub of chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne. Then slather on sweet peachy sauce. Keep the napkins coming. — Sue Ryon, Shorewood, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes8 servings (3 cups sauce)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 medium ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings; rub over meaty side of ribs. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Before serving, combine peaches, barbecue sauce and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until peaches are softened, stirring occasionally. If desired, thin with additional water. Stir in jalapeno. Serve with ribs.
Health Tip: These taste amazing even without the sauce, which loads on most of the sodium. Skip the sauce and use 1 tsp. garlic powder for the 2 tsp. garlic salt in the rub and sodium falls to 150mg per serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 431 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1048mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Ribs with Tangy Peach Sauce in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016