Quick & Easy Memphis-Style BBQ Ribs
A friend of mine who loves barbecue gave me her recipe for ribs. Use just enough of the spice mixture to rub over them before baking, and sprinkle on the rest later. —Jennifer Ross, Arlington, TN
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 3-1/2 hours.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 3 racks (1-1/2 to 2 pounds each) pork baby back ribs
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients; rub 3/4 cup over ribs. Wrap rib racks in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 1-1/2 hours. Reduce oven setting to 250°. Bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until tender.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil; return to baking pan. Sprinkle ribs with remaining spice mixture. Bake 30 minutes longer or until lightly browned, brushing with barbecue sauce, if desired.
Originally published as Quick and Easy Memphis Style BBQ Ribs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.