Pressure-Cooker Chicken Marbella
It's sweet, briny, savory and herbal, and it packs a big punch of garlic. The Mediterranean flavors make me think of dinner on the patio with family or friends. — Beth Jacobson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup pitted green olives, divided
- 1 cup pitted dried plums, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked couscous
- Place broth, 1/2 cup olives, 1/2 cup dried plums, oregano, brown sugar, capers, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Place chicken in pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for
- 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Chop remaining olives and dried plums. Remove chicken; keep warm. Stir parsley, wine, lemon juice, and remaining olives and plums into olive mixture. Serve with chicken and couscous.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 352 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Chicken Marbella in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.