Pressure-Cooker Carolina-Style Vinegar BBQ Chicken
I live in Georgia but I appreciate the tangy, sweet and slightly spicy taste of Carolina vinegar chicken. —Ramona Parris, Acworth, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken base
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, mix the first 6 ingredients; add chicken. Lock lid and close the pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 8 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly. Reserve 1 cup cooking juices and discard remaining juices. Shred chicken with 2 forks. Combine with reserved juices. If desired, serve chicken mixture on buns.