Plum-Glazed Country Ribs
When planning to make ribs one day, I remembered that a friend had given me homemade plum jelly. I stirred some into the sauce for a pleasant fruity accent. —Ila Mae Alderman, Galax, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (12 to 13 ounces) plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ribs in two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 3/4 cup sauce for serving.
- Brush ribs with some of the remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender, turning and basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 391 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1214mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Plum-Glazed Country Ribs in Taste of Home June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.