Sesame Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, ginger and garlic. Add pork; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a greased rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Combine the honey and brown sugar; spoon over pork. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 284 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Feb 1, 2015
My family and friends loves this recipe when I served it the first time and has been a go to one for Pork Tenderloin. I always have it marinated ready in the freezer. When I buy the Pork Tenderloin I make up the marinade and put in the freezer bag with the Pork Tenderloin and freeze ready for use. I also use this marinade on chicken wings. Delicious
Dec 28, 2012
I did this much quicker by pre slicing the tenderloin in 1 inch round slices then I lightly pounded the loin before marinating for 20 min. I cooked it on 425 for 12 min.
Feb 4, 2010
Very good and easy to make. I used 1/2 t. ground ginger instead of fresh gingerroot.
Oct 19, 2009
We make this for parties all the time and everyone raves about it. Easy to make.