Sesame Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, ginger and garlic. Add pork; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a greased rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Combine the honey and brown sugar; spoon over pork. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 284 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Feb 1, 2015
My family and friends loves this recipe when I served it the first time and has been a go to one for Pork Tenderloin. I always have it marinated ready in the freezer. When I buy the Pork Tenderloin I make up the marinade and put in the freezer bag with the Pork Tenderloin and freeze ready for use. I also use this marinade on chicken wings. Delicious
Dec 28, 2012
I did this much quicker by pre slicing the tenderloin in 1 inch round slices then I lightly pounded the loin before marinating for 20 min. I cooked it on 425 for 12 min.
Feb 4, 2010
Very good and easy to make. I used 1/2 t. ground ginger instead of fresh gingerroot.
Oct 19, 2009
We make this for parties all the time and everyone raves about it. Easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.