Glazed Ham Slice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 3/4 pound and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cut ham slice in half. In a skillet, cook ham in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Set aside two pineapple slices; refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, pineapple juice, honey, steak sauce and mustard until smooth. Remove ham and keep warm. Add honey mixture to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook for 1-2 minutes. Return ham to skillet; top with the reserved pineapple slices. Spoon glaze over the top; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1856mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2013
Great tasting glaze. A very quick main dish to put together. Wasn't sure what steak sauce to use (there are so many these days) so I used A-1 bold and spicy that I had on hand.
Nov 28, 2011
Sorry but we did not care for this. I made exactly as written.
Dec 30, 2010
just perfect! :)
Dec 6, 2009
I have made this recipe 2 times so far exactly as they did ; except the second time I doubled up on the sauce since it was so good . I got this in my keeper files , also being single its great to have something this good so simple .
May 25, 2008
this recipe is very quick to make