Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- If necessary, drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until glaze is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 251 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 3, 2018
I have never had acorn squash before because I do not like vegetables. I am trying to eat more veggies. I had my daughter (picky eater) help make this and we both liked it.
Oct 11, 2016
Very good... I also added about 2 Tablespoons melted butter.
Mar 21, 2016
This was great, and so easy! I added somw walnuts into the cavity after pouring in the saue. My daughter is looking forward to having this again!
Sep 28, 2015
Had this for supper. Enjoyed. Used real maple syrup so I think it was a little sweet. Next time I make this I will take a fork and prick the squash so the glaze has a chance to penetrate the squash.
Nov 21, 2014
I used Elaine D's idea and grated some apple into the center for the last 15 minutes or so. It was really good!
Nov 12, 2014
Will probably use less sugar next time, but these were good.
Sep 22, 2013
Love this , i grate an apple and add along with a pat of butter in eaxh half. Yum!
Jun 5, 2012
I am eating this now! There are only two of us and we eat small portions, so I halved this. It is so good! The remaing maple syrup-brown Sugar mixture, I poured over a ham steak. Thank you for a delicious supper!
Nov 27, 2011
These were pretty good. They weren't spectacular but they were good. We used more than one acorn squash and then cut them up into pieces when we were done so that a lot of people could enjoy them.
Nov 8, 2011
Used butternut squash and cooked in microwave for 20 min, then oven for glaze. very good!