Honey Spiced Acorn Squash
"I've made this simple side dish for more than 35 years," says Alpha Wilson of Roswell, New Mexico. Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.—Alpha Wilson, Roswell, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Fill squash halves with butter mixture.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
Nov 7, 2011
Very simple and very good taste. Just the right amount of butter and honey which really complimented the squash. I love recipes that allow the star ingredient to stand out. I'll be making this again.