Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes
A traditional sweet potato bake like this one from our Test Kitchen never goes out of style. It's perfect when you're cooking for a larger group.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over potatoes. Dot with butter; drizzle with syrup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 165 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006