Caramel Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; pour over sweet potatoes. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until glazed, basting frequently.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 182 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2011
Very yummy. I threw some marshmallows on top prior to serving and this was a hit.
Nov 29, 2011
This was a hit at my Thanksgiving get-together! I actually prepared the potatoes and sauce the day before. I poured the sauce over the cooled cooked sweet potatoes in the baking casserole and placed it in refrigerator until baking time. The casserole was put in the oven for about 30-40 minutes before eating.
Nov 25, 2010
This was very flavorful. The cinamon gives it a nice flavor. Those in my family that do not like sweet potatoes went back for seconds.