- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 large), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place tahini in freezer for 20 minutes. Place sweet potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, make topping by combining flour and sugar; cut in butter and chilled tahini until crumbly. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Beat until mashed. Add butter, maple syrup, miso paste, rice vinegar, cinnamon and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle topping over mixture.
- Bake, covered, 15 minutes. Uncover; bake until topping is golden brown, 15- 20 minutes.
Maple Miso Sweet Potato Casserole
How can I prep this sweet potato casserole beforehand?Prepare the mashed potato filling the day before and refrigerate overnight. Top with the streusel topping and bake the next day to save prep time.
2/3 cup: 386 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.