Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes24 pancakes (1-1/2 cups topping)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded peeled sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 3 cups shredded peeled apples (about 3 large)
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended; beat in sour cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes, apples and onion; toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Working in batches, drop sweet potato mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press slightly to flatten. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with cinnamon topping.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes with 2 tablespoons topping: 325 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 16, 2017
Didn't like it, would not make again
Nov 14, 2016
This is pretty much my new favorite food! I adore these!
Jun 27, 2014
These are yummy, especially with the topping. I did not add the onion, and I'm considering leaving out the apples next time time since you couldn't really taste them.
Dec 17, 2013
These were delicious but don't be fooled this is like a sweet potato latke not a pancake. It does not resemble the texture of a pancake but more like a latke. The cream on top really added the extra bang and you could also make the cream as a spread for bagels.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.