Makeover Streusel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter and eggs. Stir in juice and vanilla. Spoon into potato shells.
- Divide between two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over top. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 260 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2017
These were delicious! I added a little bit of cinnamon.
Nov 14, 2012
absolutely delicious! I don't typically eat coconut but it was great in this recipe
Apr 13, 2012
My family of 7 loved this recipe. It was like a twice baked potato in a sweet potato form. It was sweet and crunchy and fun to make
Apr 12, 2012
Easy to make & absolutely delicious.
Jan 13, 2012
I liked this and so did my kids, I will make this agin! I don't really like nuts, but I loved the taste and texture of this dish, well done!!!!!! We were out of pecans, so we used walnuts, chopped, worked great!!!!
Dec 2, 2011
My older son loved it.
Nov 30, 2011
This was very good. Can't believe it's only 260 calories!
Nov 25, 2011
I have made this twice now, and will definitely make it again. I used an egg substitute as well, and also left out the coconut. I baked the potatoes in the oven and put the filling in an 8x10 baking dish rather than refilling the skins and it worked great!
Nov 22, 2011
I loved this recipe! I left out the coconut to satisfy my husband. I can't wait to take it to Thanksgiving this year!
Nov 18, 2011
Adjusted this using egg substitute and omitted the pecans. It was excellent-both kids and adults loved it.