Dolloped Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-13 minutes or until tender, turning twice. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Dollop with cream cheese mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Oct 6, 2016
I baked white-skinned sweet potatoes; and added apple pie spice instead of pumpkin pie spice. Delicious.
Aug 20, 2014
Extra yummy!!! I would never have thought of cream cheese! It's great!
Jul 5, 2011
Loved this sweet and tasty recipe. Only thing I would do different next time is not use the microwave. I think I'll boil the whole potatoe till almost done and then finish in the oven. Microwave made the outside too tough and I like the skin as well as the inside of a sweet potatoe. I didn't have any pumpkin pie spice so I just used some nutmeg and cinnamon. Whats in pumpkin pie spice anyway? Still tasted great!
Nov 26, 2010
Delicious! Everyone loved them, even folks who don't like sweet potatoes!
Nov 25, 2009
Can't wait to get to the store for the potatoes! This sounds absolutely delicious. I always bake my sweet potatoes in the microwave, but don't have a topping recipe that sounds this good. I have made cinnamon butter, but never thought of using cream cheese.Bobbye
Jun 10, 2009
Served this recently and everyone loved it. Will definitely use again and again.Linda McGarrity
Nov 23, 2008
Can't wait until Thursday to use this wonderful recipe!
Nov 22, 2008
Nov 21, 2008
I'm happy about this recipe, I will bake them in the oven, I feel they have an extra delicious flavor added to them when I do this. Thanks for all the great recipes, marbar
Nov 21, 2008
I am trying these Sweet Potatoes for Thanksgiving.Sounds delicious & easy.ChristieAnn